Sunday, April 18, 2010

Hasta la Pasta

This weekend was the first time my family and I went to Olive Garden since I returned from my trip to Italy.  That always has been my favorite restaurant, and I still believe it is.  However, after having authentic Italian pasta and meals in the country, tastes are different. 

I remember hearing before the trip that going to Italy will heighten all of your senses.  The food, the smells, the shopping experience, everything is extraordinary.  The food in Italy is the one of most significant parts of this statement.  Lavished meals are provided and seasoned to perfection, especially the pasta.

It makes me appreciate the art of cooking even more.  So much time is spent preparing meals that by the end, I just wanted to hug the chef.  Several courses are served; each one is absolutely delicious.  It is then that I discovered, just the "antipasta" could have been my meal.  Yet, it was one of the smallest sizes and the rest just kept getting better!

Yes, I still enjoy Olive Garden immensely.  Do I miss the true Italian meals?  Yes.
My next step is trying the Gelato here to compare.

No comments: