Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The Long Journey Back (Sat./Sun. 3-13, 3-14-2010)

As the saying goes, unfortunately, all good things must come to an end.

Saturday, we began our trip back to the United States.  This proved to be much more challenging than expected, however.  Due to weather issues, we were unable to fly out of Florence.  Therefore, we took a bus to Pisa to fly out from there after waiting around for over an hour.  This waiting made us miss our next flight from Munich, Germany.  We ended up waiting in so many airports from this point onward.




So the adventure began as we had to stay overnight in Munich in only what we had on us.  We then split up into small groups in order to fly out as soon as possible taking whatever was available.  I was in one of the latest groups and took the long flight from Munich to JFK in New York, then from JFK to Charlotte, North Carolina, to Little Rock finally and ride the bus back to Searcy. 



After other delays on flights like at JFK and luggage issues, I arrived back at school trying to brace myself for the next day around 2 a.m.  I never had been so excited to shower and crawl into my own bed at Harding University. 

It had been the most incredible experience and trip across the Atlantic.  I saw so many sites and went so many places that I never anticipated!  I could not be more grateful for this unique opportunity.  Friendships were strengthened and new ones formed along the way, and I cannot wait to upload my hundreds of pictures and share the details of this trip with everyone close to me!

No comments: