Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Reflecting

As I finally feel adjusted to being back in the States, I find myself looking back at my incredible experience that has gone so quickly. 

Going through pictures and sharing stories with everyone back home has made me only appreciate my experience even more (if possible).  I was enveloped in the history of the art in Italy and pesonally traveled to several historic sites that I only dreamed about seeing just a few months ago.  Like I said in the first blog entry, I always have desired to go to Europe, specifically Italy, so this trip was truly a blessing from God.

I also enjoyed the travel experience with the talented and fun group that was part of this program.  I was able to get to know several students that I have had classes with previously and met some others for the first time.  Besides my team that went to do this assignment, it was great to visit MANY of my friends in our international program in Florence.  When asked about my favorite part of the trip, I cannot choose just one monument or specific site like the Colosseum in Rome or the Duomo in Florence. However, I can say that what made the experience so great was the people with whom I found myself traveling.

This definitely was my best spring break and the most eye-opening experience I have had thus far.

No comments: