Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Portfolio Entry

Besides my new obsession with learning about the intriguing and amazing country of Italy, I do my fair share of work with other important activities as well.  I have been writing stories and covering various events this semester as part of the Mass Media Writing course that I currently am taking.  For Harding University's website created by the College of Communication The Link, I have submitted several pieces including stories, photos, a video and an audio clip as I begin learning the many parts to being a journalist.
My first written paper was an evaluation of the various characteristics of web journalism.  Next, I wrote about the talented musician Matt Wertz coming to Harding University in concert with a picture of him and an audio clip from the concert to hear HU students singing with him.  I also wrote about the snow day that thrilled the campus and included an entire photo slideshow of the beautiful winter wonderland.  I have submitted a video with a partner on the interesting flea market of Judsonia, Arkansas, called Thackerland.  This showed just what one might find at such a market.  Recently, I posted a story about the vacated position of Harding's Student Association Vice President being filled by Nik Arezina with a photo of the new VP.  This feature story allowed students to see how things work within the SA and to gain more insight into who is chosen to lead them as a student body here on campus.

These are the links to those stories on The Link:
Music warms Harding's snow-covered campus
Snow blankets campus
Thackerland: 15 years of flea market success
Arezina steps in as new SA vice president

Check out my work and my other seven posts all about the boot-shaped country, Italy!  I will be there in a few short hours and will be posting my experiences on this blog daily.
Ciao!

No comments: